The Mission Statement
It is the belief of the School District of Arcadia that:
- our students are entitled to the highest quality educational experience possible, within a responsible fiscal policy, in order that they be well-prepared for a successful life as a contributing member of society;
- the academic, social, physical, and emotional needs of students be provided for so as to adequately ready them to continue their education, enter the work force, establish meaningful relationships, and meet the ever-changing needs and challenges of the nation and world;
- the educational process is a shared process, with a necessary partnership between the student, family, school, and community, and that the learner shares responsibility with the family and instructional staff for his/her education; and
- access to equal educational opportunities is the right of all learners without regard to sex, race, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability. Equal educational opportunities do not necessarily mean identical educational experiences.
The Vision Statement
Inspire Learning; Empower Learners
- Commit to district-wide involvement/ownership in learning.
- Facilitate interdependent and self-directed learning.
- Collaborate-it takes a team; no one is an island.
- Use data to determine what is effective.