English Language Learners
ELL for your school
We work with the General Instructional Staff to help all students meet grade level benchmarks.
Trabajamos con el personal de instrucción general para ayudar a todos los estudiantes para cumplir con los puntos de referencia a nivel de su grado
Interim ELL Director
Mission, Vision & Goals
Our mission is to promote and support the academic language learning process.
- Together, we will promote and support learning
- Together, we will teach terminology associated with student academic learning.
- Together, we will reinforce learning through repetition and introduction of new vocabulary.
English Learner Program Vision
Our vision is to ensure that our English learners have meaningful access to rigorous instruction, materials, and academic choices within the Arcadia School District with the ultimate goal of becoming independent, lifelong learners. We will ensure equity for English learners while maintaining and respecting their cultural and linguistic identity.
The central goal for the EL program is student learning. The district is committed to providing for learning needs of students acquiring the English language. As they develop through this process, we will meet this goal when we:
- Effectively identify learning needs through a variety of assessment tools, including local universal assessments, English proficiency measures, standardized assessments, and classroom functioning levels.
- Understand that every teacher is a teacher of a student with limited English proficiency, and recognize every teacher’s need for professional learning opportunities to acquire the skills needed to address the unique cultural and learning challenges facing students.
- Encourage all staff in the district by recognizing current efforts to meet the needs of students with limited English proficiency (LEP) and providing resources and supports in making changes to improve their services to students with LEP.
- Partner with classroom teachers to provide instruction, understanding that not all of the learning needs of students with LEP can be met solely through classroom instruction.
- Partner with parents and the community to involve families in their child’s educational planning.
- Provide a multi-leveled system of support that includes large and small group instruction, as well as individual interventions.
- Use a variety of effective teaching strategies consistently throughout instructional settings.
- Demonstrate the priority of student learning by having flexibility in schedules, resources, and instruction.